Find your nearest pick-up and drop-off locations
The following are the currently available public test kit pick-up and test drop-off locations for your saliva sample.
For many employees, you will be able to collect your test kit from your workplace and can drop off your sample to any of the following locations.
From 8pm Wednesday 15 Dec, the GAS Te Hana Saliva Testing drop-off location will no longer be available for use. We understand this location is popular among many drivers passing through here, however following the Auckland regional boundary being lifted at 11.59pm Tues 14 Dec, the Covid Vaccine Pass will replace the need for many to use any of our saliva testing drop-boxes going forward.
Should you continue using the saliva testing drop-off locations, Caltex Kaiwaka and Warkworth are the nearest options from Te Hana from Wednesday evening.
We have been incredibly fortunate to have businesses nearby the Auckland regional border allow us to provide a Saliva Testing drop-off box for permitted workers and we are grateful for their support.
PLEASE NOTE: From 24 Dec to Jan 7 some of our drop-off location will be closed and closing times may be different from what is shown below. All locations are closed on Christmas Day 25 December and New Years Day 1 January. Normal hours will resume from Saturday 8 January.
Get your saliva testing kits
A Saliva Test kit includes 1 tube and 1 biohazard bag. The tube has an important barcode you’ll need to use to record your test in the app.
• You can collect a test kit from any of the available pick-up locations listed here throughout New Zealand. You do not have to collect your test kit in Auckland
• This list has new pick-up locations being added regularly – keep checking back for new locations
• Check with your employer if they have test kits available at your workplace
• If collecting test kits from non-workplace locations, we recommend collecting 4 kits at a time to supply you with 2 weeks of saliva testing
• We need to manage distribution and supply of test kits so we ask that you only take max 4 kits from any location outside of your workplace
• View current pick up locations here
Order test kits for your workplace
You need to have registered your staff before ordering test kits.
• If you have more than 25 employees workplaces can request test kits to be delivered to one location to be available to your staff
• Include the number of employers, your business name, address for delivery and contact information
How and when you will get your results?
Your results will be provided within 48 hours from the time your sample is received at the testing laboratory.
Results are sent to the COVID-19 test result repository held by ESR. Using a secure electronic system, a text message is automatically sent out from ESR to your mobile phone as soon as the result is available.
Where do I access my results?
Your results will be available to you via the app.
In many border workplaces there will be one or more saliva sample collection booths. This is where you will find a supply of tubes and biohazard bags.
The sample drop off point will be located close to the booth, this is where you will drop your completed samples. The sample collection booths will be easily visible with distinct signage and will have easily visible sample collection instructions to help you.
You can drop the sample into the drop-off point anytime within 12-hours of making the sample.
See what Kiwis are saying about the saliva testing programme
“The app on my phone has been easy to use and there are multiple drop off points now, so easy when I am not at work.”
Charge Nurse, MIQ Facility
“Quick, very convenient and painless. You can do it at anytime of the day or night, to fit in with your work.”
Marine Pilot, Lyttelton Port Company
“I have done a saliva test almost every day and is a huge relief when the result comes through the next day. Easy, painless and lowers my stress levels.”
MIQ Facility, Auckland and Wellington