Register as an eligible funded worker
You can use the Saliva Testing service provided by APHG free of charge if you are a:
- permitted traveller crossing the Alert Level boundary in and out of Auckland for the purposes of business
- teacher/educator or related support staff required to undertake surveillance testing
- border worker or work at an MIQ facility (opt-in via your employer)
The Ministry of Health sets the guidance on who is eligible to receive funded saliva testing. Saliva testing funded by the Ministry of Health is not available to people travelling for personal reasons or for businesses inside of Auckland who are encouraged to undertake surveillance testing. You will need to use an alternative COVID-19 testing method such as the nasopharyngeal (nasal swab test).
How often do I need to test?
The Ministry of Health requires that if you are using a saliva sample for your surveillance testing method, that you need to take 2 samples every 7 days, with at least a 48 hour gap between the two samples.
Read the set up instructions below before you begin registration
How to get set up
- Choose whether you will ‘Register on behalf of staff’ or ‘Register as a staff member’. Select the relevant option and complete the form.
- Your details will be loaded into our Collection Management System (CMS)
- You will receive an email when this has been completed (approx. 24 hours)
- You or your employees will now be able to download and login to the app using their NHI number. Note – you cannot log into the app until you have received confirmation your details are in the CMS
- The Saliva Testing App allows essential workers to self-collect their sample, record the collection, and drop their sample to a nearby drop-off location.
Learn more about how to provide your sample here.
- Your test results and proof of completing your saliva test will be available in your app.