You must register to use this service 24hrs BEFORE needing a test. You cannot use this service if you arrive at the boundary and are unable to login to access the app. You will need to perform a nasopharyngeal test if you have not registered in time.
Permitted workers moving through Alert Levels at the Auckland border can register for our Saliva Testing Programme
You have a choice to provide a saliva sample for surveillance testing for COVID-19 rather than undertake a nasal (nasopharyngeal) swab testing.
Saliva testing requires you to take 2 samples every 7 days, with at least a 48 hour gap between the two samples.
You will need proof of your test to cross the Alert Level boundary – this will be available within the app after you drop your test in a drop-box. You do not need to show your test result.
The Asia Pacific Healthcare Group is New Zealand’s largest single provider of COVID-19 saliva testing and nasal (nasopharyngeal) swab testing. We operate a resilient national network of medical laboratories, sample collection centres and logistics services, and provide the Government’s border workforce saliva testing programme.
IMPORTANT – read the set up instructions below before you begin registration
How to get set up
- Complete the registration form below as an employer or an individual
- Your details will be loaded into the Collection Management System (CMS)
- You will receive an email when this has been completed (approx 24 hours)
- Employees will now be able to download and login to the app using their NHI number
- Note – you cannot log into the app until you have received confirmation your details are in the CMS
- The Saliva Testing App allows essential workers to self-collect their sample, record the collection, and drop their sample to a nearby drop-off location. Learn more about how to provide your sample here.
- Use your app at the border to show you have completed a test.
- Your results will also be available in your app.
Register your staff
Step 1: Download the employer .csv information file.
TIP: If you’re a smaller employer you can register individuals, or they can register themselves, using the individual registration form.
Step 2: Complete the .csv for all employees you want to register. It’s important that you don’t change the file format and that you follow the required fields for each person.
Step 3: IMPORTANT – We need NHI numbers in order to register employees. Without this information we cannot complete the registration process and it will delay your ability to access the testing service.
If your employees are comfortable to provide their NHI number to you, you can include it in the information file you send to us (please note, you should not retain the NHI number after registration, or use it for any other purpose). However, employees also have the option to provide their NHI number to us directly by using the individual registration option below.
Step 4: Complete the registration form below and upload your completed .csv file.
Step 5: Employees will receive a confirmation email when their details have been loaded into our Collection Management System. Once this happens they can now use the app and start testing.
Step 6: If you’re registering over 25 employees you can order test kits for your workplace here.
If you need support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A .csv file works the same as an excel document. All fields marked with * are required. Your registration can not be completed without all required fields completed.